everyone. I’m not big on change. I like my patterns. I like to know what’s
suppose to happen and not being surprised. But this is what causes redundancy.
This is what causes things to to become boring. Predictable. And that’s just
unacceptable when you’re trying to start a business.
We could come up with a wrestling company that looks and feels like every other
wrestling company out there. And I mean everyone. From the top tier sports
entertainment juggernaut to the little indy fed running just down the street
from you. They all operate the same way. It may not look like it, but they do.
The same basic format is there. All the ingredients are the same, maybe just
mixed a little different.
Well, we don’t want to be lumped in the same category. We don’t want people to think
of us when they think of everyone else. We want to stand out from the pack and
make people notice that we’re here. When we ask people to spend money on us, we
don’t want it to be on something they could watch anywhere else. We want to be
unique. And how do we do this? Change.
It’s time to make a change in wrestling. The business is overdue. The business
needs that shot in the arm to make it strong again. And we’re going to do it.
F.I.G.H.T. is going to do it. The Federation of Independent Grapplers,
High-Flyers, and Technicians is now officially announcing the new rule structure
for 2 of our 3 divisions in the company.
- This division is not about weight limits. It’s about style and technique.
- Each match will have a 10 minute time limit to encourage a faster pace in the
can win by pin fall, submission, disqualified, or count out.
- Ring outs are at a count of 5. Excessive abuse of ringing out to slow down the pace
will result in a DQ at the referee's discretion.
- This division will operate under submission rules. The only way to win is to make
your opponent submit or referee stoppage.
- Exiting the ring is forbidden. There will be a 3 strike rule in effect. If you exit
the ring 3 times, under any circumstances, you will be disqualified.
- There will be a 20 minute time limit to all matches. If the time limit is reached.
The referee will award the match to one of the wrestlers that they feel
controlled the contest.
We still haven’t shown all of the cards. But this is an idea of where we’re going. And before you can say
it, I’ll say it for you: This will never work. And to that I say; you need to be more open to change.